Pages

Monday, June 29, 2009

Peter/Lagamorph

Peter and I had at new experience together on Saturday. We went to the vet. I did some reading before going, and I was concerned. Just about everything that I read said rabbits don’t like cars, vets, strange places, or strange smells. I also read that rabbits hold grudges…

It was a bit nerve wracking for both of us as he attracted no little amount of attention. Yes, he is cute, but we were both more worried about the four legged observers that thought he looked like a nice snack… He stayed in his box under his favorite towel, safe. He felt so much better when we went to the exam room. While we were waiting he put his little paws on me and looked at me as if to say “Where are we, and why are we here?” When the vet came in he still wanted to stay in his box no matter what the vet wanted him to do. Nevertheless, he was friendly. He did not bite, scratch or kick. The check up went well. He weighed in at 1.8 pounds, and was found to be worm free. Yeah! (They still sent us home with a de-wormer just in case. Not a bad idea.)

By the time we were finished with the exam, all fear was gone. Curiosity had taken over. The receptionist liked this, but the big dogs still made me nervous. Next time he will have a carrier, for sure, and maybe a little blue jacket...



Photos of Peter:





~2009.05.27~Peter in the box on day two.






~2009.06.06~ Naptime. (No, he is not dead. And yes, sometimes he sleeps with his eyes open.)




~2009.06.22~ Time to HOP on the bed.

(This is difficult to document with a fast rabbit and a slow camera. But, he really does hop. Sometimes it is straight up in the air. Other times he does 360’s.)






~2009.06.22~ Peter loves periscoping. He is CURIOUS and has to see everything.




~2009.06.22~ Peter CHEWS on everything.

(After I found a hole in my favorite jeans... well, I am trying to teach him to chew only on his toys and towels. Lets hope this works.)




~2009.06.29~ Peter loves TREATS.

(He comes racing to me when he hears me opening the treat bag, and then licks my fingers to make sure he gets it all.)





~2009.06.29~ Peter CLIMBS on me.

(Or he was... Peter likes to move, a lot.)


~2009.06.29~ Peter licks my TOES, FINGERS, ELBOWS, and even my EYELIDS when they are within reach.

(No treats necessary. Apparently, he thinks I need some grooming.)



~2009.06.29~ Peter spends plenty of time grooming HIMSELF!



~2009.06.29~ And Peter takes naps RIGHT by my face...

(Nice view.)

No comments: