Pages

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Three Cups of {Herbal} Tea

Tonight was our monthly ward book group meeting. I have to say it was just delightful! We discussed all sorts of things including our book for this last month. We read Those Who Love by Irving Stone. It is a biographical novel about John and Abigail Adams. I have to confess I did not have time to finish the book before this evening, but I was familiar enough with the history that there were no “spoilers.” I am still looking forward to finishing it. Great pick Karah! Both the book and the refreshments were wonderful. When reading a book that includes the Boston Tea party… what other refreshment is there, but {herbal} tea? Karah made all of these little tea sandwiches. Yum. She also had a floral tea that she put in a glass tea pot and we watched it bloom. So cool! There were several yummy varieties of {herbal} tea that we put in the prettiest tea cups ever. I have to admit I had three cups. I wish I would have taken a picture of the delectable tea accoutrements. Unfortunately I only have this photo of my Petits Fours. Not too shabby for a first attempt, but I will admit to using a cheater method. And I even cheated on the cheater method. I did not fill them and I did not dip them, and worse… I froze the cake before I cut the squares. Still it was fun. Next time I make them I need to give myself more time to decorate them. What a lovely evening!


1 comment:

Mimi Crisenberry said...

Wow, these are way impressive! And they sure do look super yummy! I love the blog, Celeste!