Pages

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Bath Crayons


I want to get myself some of those bath crayons they make for kids. Yes, I know, I am a grown up {Well, maybe, sort of. I can be responsible when I have to be.}, but really, I have a good idea. {At least I think it is a good idea.} Every morning when my mind is refreshed and alert, I spend time thinking. An ideal place for this is under the warm water of the shower. There are no interruptions and the task at hand does not require much concentration. So, this is my preferred thinking place. {This is probably why, if I do not do things in the same order, I forget something. That is a bad thing to do in the shower.} Some days I compose correspondence. Others days, my thoughts tend to be more journal entry-ish. Then there are the lectures I read to myself... But often I compose lists. I am an avid list writer: To Do lists, Shopping lists, Someday I’m Going To lists… the list {Yes, of lists.} goes on. But there is one problem to thinking of things you want to write down when paper and pen are not, um... convenient. That is trying to remember what you cannot write down. {Maybe that is why my journal is so sad and my correspondence dull.} What to do when I have a list in my head and I do not have something to write on? I count the number of items on my list. I do this at the grocery store, on my way to church with my lesson materials, and really, every time I leave the house {A 4 item list: purse/wallet, keys, phone, oh, and shoes.} And it works most of the time. Unless I remember that there was supposed to be one more thing, but not what it was? Grr! I know bath crayons will not help in ALL of my list remembering situations {I would, after all, have to remember to transfer my list to a more portable medium than the shower wall.}, but they would sure be a fun help each morning! And, who would know if I practiced drawing skills every morning, too?

No comments: