Pages

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Culinary Explorations

I have an apron that I got when I was working in the sales department of the cruise line. They started a program for onboard culinary classes while I was there entitled Culinary Explorations and then they gave them out to the entire department... I think the culinary explorations embroidered on the apron is appropriate for me in the kitchen... here are a few of my most recent explorations in food:


• Pettit Fours
• Poured Fondant Icing
• Борщ{Borsht} (Made almost entirely of home grown vegetables courtesy of Mom, Wade, and Bro. Robinson.)
• Vegetable Broth
• Зелёные Щи {Green Shchi} (Made with the vegetable broth)
• Gum Paste Cake Decorations {Ballet Shoes}
• Egg Drop Soup

Next on my list to try: homemade noodles, rolled fondant, and chocolate buttercreams. Anyone know where I can get good candy flavoring?

3 comments:

TGS said...

When did you work the cruise? That's so cook. I want to take cooking classes so bad. Just need to do it instead of say I want, right?

Emily A. said...

Wow. I wish I was still nearby so I could snag some of these delicious treats!

Emily A. said...

BTW. I was looking at your "someday list" and I want to hike the Wonderland trail with you. That would be AWESOME!