I had a goal for this year's costume, my Margaret Hale dress, to be completely finished including every hook and eye. {There is usually at least one safety pin involved, minimum, because I hate sewing in the hooks and eyes!) Well, it did not come to pass, but I still had a really cool costume! Or at least I thought so! And maybe some other people did too because I won "Best Female Costume" at the SA dance. I did not tell them that I did not finish the under sleeves, add the trim, sew on the clasps, and more... but no one needed to know that. You could not tell. What happened? you ask. Well, I probably could have finished but for the excessive amount of hand sewing required. I knew before I started it that the cartridge pleats had to be hand sewn thanks to previous experience with them, but wow. There was a ton of hand work on the bodice too! Next time I am trying to make a costume in a hurry I should read ALL of the directions in advance. Thanks Mom for your help on the bodice and thanks Amanda for your help on the bustle! With their help and a shocking lack of sleep, it was mostly finished. Now to find time to finish it. Once it is done I will have to post a new picture, but until then here is the only photo I have {Lifted off FB. Thanks to the anonymous photographer! Silly, we are not even looking at your camera.}...

2 comments:
you are amazing. i can't believe you can sew these amazing costumes. you looked stunning!
Sweet! You're doingmy kids costumes next year, I stink at it!
Post a Comment