Pages

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Priorities

At my previous place of employment, a Civil Engineering/Construction Claims firm, there was a bulletin board with all of the state and federal "notices" posted. Tucked here and there between the serious workplace information were comic strips and other witty workplace jokes. One of the witty pieces that I liked was a small flow chart that referred to construction projects. The chart consisted of three circles all connected together with lines that met in the center. In once circle it said "cheap", in another it said "fast", and in the last circle it said "quality". Below the chart read "You can have any two, but not all three." And it is true. If you wanted something built fast and quality, you'd have to pay top dollar, and so forth. In my new place of work, full-time stay-at-home-mom {dream job!}, I've decided that the flow chart circles would read "take care of your children", "take care of your home", and "take care of yourself". "You can do any two, but not all three." There never seem to be enough hours in the day to accomplish everything I'd like to, and it has intensified with a newborn in our home, but I couldn't be happier with my "new" job.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Very true. Make sure that 'taking care of yourself' doesn't get thrown by the wayside. The other two can't get done if mom is a puddle of weeping goo on the floor. I say this through experience, not because I think you're a puddle of goo on the floor...or ever have been...or will be. Just sayin.