Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

A Dramatic Birthday Party

We celebrated Madilyn's birthday this week with a family party. I found this book that contained a play, Cinderella, with four parts {Cinerella, The Wicked Stepmother, The Wicked Stepsister, The Prince} and a Narrator. It has five copies of the script as well as four masks, one for each character. I thought is was pretty cute.  So mom thought it would be fun to make her a stage for the playroom since Madilyn has always loved putting on shows.  As this was a top secret project, the curtains were being hung that night so we decided to read through the script to prepare for the play.  Madilyn, Emma, Stacey, Mom, and I read through it several times rotating the parts so most of us got to deliver the Wicked Stepmothers best line: 'Noooooooooooooooo!' Those who did not get that line got to be the prince.  Let me tell you it was fun to attempt a "man voice".  Madilyn took to it like a duck to water. Emma was not sure she wanted to participate until the second time through. She, too, developed quite a dramatic flare.  It was so fun!  I am looking forward to many more evenings of home theatricals.

Madilyn in character as the Wicked Stepsister


Emma "reading" her lines as the Wicked Stepmother


Garret went with the guys to the hardware store, and he was a little unsure about the play, so I do not have a good photo of him while we were "acting", but I thought this was pretty funny:

"Um, that is perfectly good eating there!" {Garrett not quite sure how he feels about Grandpa cleaning the left over pizza off his high chair tray in preparation for cake and ice cream.} 


 The Birthday Cake {That matched the cupcakes Madilyn took to school.}

1 comment:

Angela said...

I LOVE that first picture of Madilyn. They're all getting so big! And wow, that cake is amazing! Wish I could have been there!