Pages

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Update ~ The Move

I'm please to say the move has finally started.  It started last night. "Why the delay?", you ask. "After all didn't you close on the house over a month ago?"... Yes, yes I did!

After several weeks spent getting quotes on flooring, trying to decide what I want, and waiting for the installation date, it all worked out.  The carpet store even came and tore the old stuff out and gave me a few days to prime the sub floors and get rid of the pet smell for good.  Thanks Mom, Dad, and Jer! {And thanks to those who were willing to help that day, too! Even though I did not call you...} I picked plush carpet and vinyl tile.  The flooring was installed Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday of last week.  It looks fabulous! I'll post pictures as soon as I take them.

Then on Thursday evening I had the ducts cleaned out.  It took them four hours, and man those guys were hopping. It was amazing what had been blowing through that house every time the fan was on. There was not even an air filter in the heater. Gross! Thank goodness that is all taken care of! All can breathe easy now! {Haha! I'm so pun-y!}

"Well, you had a three day weekend. Why didn't you move then?", you ask. Good question! Simple answer, I had to work. I am not complaining at all.  It was on a job that provided me many hours of overtime last month, happy paycheck! Just what I needed! Plus, since I did not use the holiday hours, I can save them for when Philip comes home!

The weekend was not a total loss for the move anyway. Jordan found me a free washer and dryer, picked them up, AND delivered them. I owe him big time!

So that takes us to last night. After work, Mom, Jer, and Jordan helped me put the first load in the trailer. Bed, bookshelf, and boxes! Lots of boxes, mostly of books, and a few more dishes, too. Surprise! And there are still more dishes to move... Mom, Jer, and Dad helped me haul it all in the house putting most of it in the rooms it will end up in. Tonight I'm hoping we can move the piano and other assorted boxes, and put all of the appliances in. And maybe move the bunnies, too. But if they spend the night at the house, I will be, too. We will see how much can be done tonight. I'm certainly not staying there until the bathroom is clean!

3 comments:

Stacey said...

I'm happy sad for you. Happy that you're making the move. I know you've waited a long time. Sad that you won't be five minutes away anymore.

Angela said...

I can't wait to see it! And until then, I can't wait to see lots and lots of pictures! Hint, hint. ;)

Mimi Crisenberry said...

Celeste~it is so great to come on here after awhile and see some of what has been going on with your life since I left in June. I am so glad you are in your new home, have flooring that you picked out, and that you have had a lot of help in doing so. I hope life is going well for you and I miss you!