Pages

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

I've been sewing again...

Since I've been sewing again, there has been absolutely no progress on the house. At least I've made no progress that is. Mom found me a dining room table {more on that later}; and Dad, Mom and Jer all came and dealt with the moss, etc.; but I have not done anything. {Nope, no internet yet... thank my having a lunch break at work for this post.} I've been lucky to get the dishes done not to mention the laundry. So what if I've been getting my pants out of the dryer in the morning. They are clean... if slightly wrinkled. But hey, I love to sew, things around the house can wait, and I wanted to sew new costumes for this year. So that is what I did. 

Angelina wanted to be a leopard. She picked out fur at the fabric store and I used Stacey's favorite girl's pajama pattern, added a tail, and put ears on a headband. I'd never worked with fur before, and I was not sure how comfortable fur pajamas would be, but I'm sold. Angelina picked a super soft fur and they looked very comfy. I would not mind a pair, though I'd forgo the tail and ears for me.

{Angelina the Leopard}

As for Jordan and me, we decided to be vikings. {Vikings don't wear tights.} We thought about recycling one of my other costumes and just making one for him, but all of the options were too labor intensive for the amount of time left before Halloween. You cannot see his shield in this picture as it is in back, and I had not yet finished his hat for the first night of parties. The shield he made was perfect, and the hat completed the look. If I find a good picture with both, I'll add it to this post. 

Danica already had a cute costume, so I did not make her one. She was a bumble bee who did not like wearing her hood. Garrett kept buzzing at her at the ward party anyway. It was funny!

{Danica the Bee, me as Olga, Jordan as Olaf, and Angelina the Leopard. 
Amanda pick out names for Jordan and me at her fabulous murder mystery dinner party.
I guess they stuck. Ha ha!}

2 comments:

Angela said...

I'm impressed! And so glad you could find a guys costume without tights.

Maybe someday when I live in Washington again, we should make our civil war dresses. Civil war soldiers don't wear tights, right?

Stacey said...

All cuteness and...scary vikingness. I likes.