Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Plans

So you would think that after a few weeks I would have some idea of what the wedding plans are. Nope. The last few weeks have been too busy. But in a good way. I got to spend time with Angela and Eric while they were in town. So fun! We took one afternoon with the girls... Mom, Angela, Stacey and Amanda and me. We went to lunch at the Cheesecake Factory, got manicures, and went looking at wedding dresses.  My advice to future brides, try the revers order and go to the Cheesecake factory AFTER you try the dresses on. Even though I was really full after consuming my entire slice of dulce de leche cheesecake, I still had fun trying on several white dresses. Mom helped me get in and out of them and Amanda, Stacey and Angela provided delightful commentary. Stacey took notes and Angela snapped photos so I would remember what we all liked. I'm going to need to keep looking, but it was a great start. And very fun! Thanks for taking me!

The next day, Philip got home from his mission in Brazil! He is incredibly tan {Sort of... he has pretty serious tan lines from his collared, short sleeved, white shirts.}. He gets a bit of an accent when he talks about church things and his intonation is different, too. I think he grew a bit while he was gone, because he seems taller, but maybe it just seems that way.  It is so fun to have him back! He gave his report in Sacrament meeting on Sunday. He gave an excellent talk! Then we got together for the "after party" with the family, the Moores, and the Smyres at my place. Mom brought delicious food and we chatted until we thought the roads might be getting icy. But we spent plenty of time enjoying the company as well as Jordan's new beanbag chairs that he, dad, and Dan filled that night so we would have sufficient seating. What a great night!

1 comment:

Colleen said...

How exciting...for all of it, and I wish I was there! Tell philip hi!