Pages

Friday, February 10, 2012

Dress... Check!

So, I am not going to post a picture {I don't want Jordan to see it yet!}, but last weekend I went to Utah to look for a wedding dress. Success!

Angela had researched and gave me a list of at least 8 different bridal shops between Provo and Salt Lake to visit. After calling to see where we could start without an appointment, we decided to go to Alysse's Bridal. But when we went to the store, they were gone. They had moved down the street. In their place was a new bridal store that we'd not known about. After looking at the dresses on the mannequins, we decide this was as good a place as any to start. Mom, Angela and I each picked out a few of our favorites, and I tried them ALL on. So fun! Every single dress fit, and fit well. Talk about making a girl feel good about herself! Since it was a busy Saturday, there were several other girls there trying on dresses at the same time, and they looked good in EVERY dress they tried on, too! We met the designer who designs all of the dresses! Impressive! It was only a matter of picking out the favorite and deciding which veil went with it. There was one dress in particular that I liked. It was just the style I'd been looking for. After trying it on again, I decided it was THE DRESS! Getting the dress so quickly made it possible for us to go find shoes to wear with my dress and engagement photo outfits, too!

What a wonderful whirlwind trip that was... finding a wedding dress, veil, petticoat, shoes, outfits, and visiting as many family members and friends as possible during the "long" weekend. I got to spend time with both sets of grandparents, Angela & Eric {And their cute dogs, I can call them cute can't I?}, Eric's brother Trevor, cousins Daniel and Aaron, BFF Shauna and my road trip companions Dad, Mom, and Philip. Good times!

2 comments:

TGS said...

I'm so excited for you babe!

Heather said...

can't wait to see it!