Pages

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Sometimes It's the Little Things

Halfway into my preparations for dinner last night, I realized that I was missing a key ingredient, the teriyaki sauce. Not having time and not wanting to pack up the kids for a mad dash to the grocery store, I decided to see if I could find a recipe online for which I had all of the ingredients. Success! We had yummy homemade teriyaki sauce! I also decided to try to make sweet and sour sauce while I was at it. While I'd still rather make my mom's sweet and sour meatball recipe, this sauce turned out to be tasty. It will be perfect dipping the rest of the Costco sized bag of chicken nuggets in our freezer.

The recipes are here {teriyaki} and here {sweet and sour}.

Sometimes it is the little successes that make my day.

No comments: